As a first timer in Davao
Posted On April 24, 2019
Davao City boasts of vast natural resources and rich and diverse culture. What makes this city unique is its distinct characteristics and the wealth of experiences it has to offer to its visitors. It is no wonder to see a higher ranking of the city on the global tourism scene. The rising number of Manila to Davao flights are a testimony to the growing popularity of Davao among tourists.
For those looking for an off the beaten path travel destination, they should head for Davao. Take advantage of Jetstar online flight booking to get some amazing experiences and enjoy an unforgettable holiday.
If this is your first time in Davao, why not brush up your information on the city and its facts?
- Davao is in the south of the Philippines and the largest city in the country. It is a respite from the other overcrowded and commercialized cities of the Philippines.
- The president of the Philippines lives in Davao as it is considered one of the safest and cleanest cities of Davao. The president works in Manila during the weekdays but returns to Davao for the weekend.
- Davao is much cheaper than Manila and one can easily holiday here on a budget of PHP 2,000 or 40USD a day per person. This includes your food, accommodation, and sightseeing.
- If you want to go anywhere in the city, take the Jeepney rides that start at PHP 8. It is very cheap to ride in a Jeepney, and you will not waste any time getting lost. Chauffeured cars are a bit expensive.
- If you love cheese, you can try the best artisan goat cheese here. Unfortunately, you can taste their cheese only in Davao as they do not export it.
- If you love street food, you must go to the famous Roxas Night Market. For some of their most sought-after products like Mang Danny’s ice cream, you might have to stand in a line for a long time. Vendors in Roxas Night Market figure out on what you have eaten.
- If you are here during the time of Summer Frolic, you must experience the festival and party your night away. The Summer Frolic is held once a year and has free flow of alcohol, international and loud music.
- Get your adrenaline rush by taking an ultralight flight in Davao. Hop on a small wall-less aircraft and pilot it through the entire ride that will take only about 15-20 minutes. The experience is definitely worth the money as you get breathtaking views from above.
- Try the awesome chocolates here in Davao, and they pride themselves because of their method of making chocolates. At Malagos Chocolate, they harvest their own cacao beans and create some of the best chocolates in the world.
- Coconut is found in almost everything here, and you will find the freshest coconuts ever here in Davao. You will find flavored coconut oils, shampoos, drinks, desserts, and food.
- Trek through the bonsai forest to reach the top of Mount Hamiguitan. It is indeed a unique experience to go through an entire bonsai forest that is spread across thousands of acres. Enjoy the unique collection of flora and fauna here.
- If you love Durian, you will find it everywhere in Davao and at very cheap costs. Enjoy the fruit as well as Durian candy, durian pastries, durian coffee, durian ice cream and more.
- No matter where you are in the Philippines, it makes sense to rent a Pocket Wifi device. Having a regular wifi connection will make your trip easier. It will save you from the bother of dealing with the hassle of getting sim cards.