Globe Telecom advises its customers in Eastern Visayas to take necessary measures in preparation for Typhoon Hagupit, which entered the Philippine area of responsibility today. The typhoon is expected to hit some of the areas devastated by Typhoon Yolanda.
As the new typhoon may cause power failure, here are some tips on how to conserve the battery of a smartphone:
1. Log off or turn off unnecessary mobile apps or at least disable push notifications for nonessential apps
2. Turn off unnecessary radios such as GPS, blue tooth and Wi-Fi.
3. Switch off vibrate function and utilize ring tone instead.
4. Turn off sync function.
5. Dim LCD screens and shorten screen timeout
6. Minimize notifications and use phone only when necessary
Customers in areas identified in the path of Typhoon Hagupit should also make sure their respective lists of contacts are in order. This includes emergency numbers of the nearest hospitals, police stations and community leaders.
Globe regional teams are being mobilized to ensure they are well-equipped to address network issues that could arise from the typhoon. Preparations include deployment of back-up supplies, power tools and infra materials, spares and back-up fuel.