Lee Jeans x Pinoy Manila ‘Shadow Play’ Contest
Posted On August 6, 2012
Lee Jeans Philippines recently launched the ‘Shadow Play.’ It is an online photography contest wherein participants will take original photos with the camera of your choice (ie. mobile phone or SLR cameras) and interpret through photography the various city scenes and the shadows they create –- from as basic as the shadows formed during sunrise or sunset, to the shadows created by trees, buildings/houses or electricity poles, to shadows formed by your favorite ice cream vendor, shadows of children playing in the street, or even from objects due to non-natural light sources.
Pinoy Manila is also doing a Shadow Play Contest. All you need to do is to tag your best photo (showing shadow of the subject) to Pinoy Manila Facebook and Twitter. Winner will get 1500 worth of Lee Jeans gift certificate.
The winner will be Pinoy Manila’s entry to the final judging of Lee’s Shadow Play Contest, with a chance to win up to $2,000.
Here’s the example photo:
HOW TO JOIN:
- As long as you’re 18 years old or above, use your phone cameras, digital or SLR cameras to take photos of the shadows of the city
- Caption every photo with 10 words or less. Tell us what it is about
- It’s important that you include shadows in your photographs.
- Photos don’t necessarily have to be self-portraits. (It can be trees, animal, house, building etc.)
- Drastic photo manipulation is not allowed.
- Tag your best photo to Pinoy Manila Facebook (www.facebook.com/pinoymanila) or Pinoy Manila Twitter (@pinoymanilablog) or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share the link to your photo to let your friends like for it
- Although Lee Jeans Shadow Play contest duration is from August 1-31, 2012, Pinoy Manila’s Shadow Play Contest will only run from August 7-25, 2012; deadline to submit photo is 12 noon of Friday, August 25, 2012.
- Valid entries will be posted on Pinoy Manila Facebook Page
- Judging will be held on August 26, 2012
- Winner will be contacted by Pinoy Manila thru email or Facebook and Twitter direct messaging
HOW TO WIN
- Tag your best photo to Pinoy Manila Facebook or Twitter
Example: Sharing my Dog’s shadow photo @pinoymanilablog
- The winner entry will be based solely on artistic merit, more specifically broken down as follows:
Composition & Unique Subject Matter – 25%
Light/Use of shadows – 25%
Storytelling – 25%
Likes/Shares – 25%
- Winner will get 1,500PHP worth of Lee gift certificates.
- The winner entry automatically Pinoy Manila’s entry to the final judging of Lee’s Shadow Play Contest, with a chance to win up to $2,000. The winner photo get projected on the Lee LED billboard on EDSA
Upon submitting photographs and its accompanying texts to Pinoy Manila the participant declares:
-That the materials are the exclusive property of the participant and are not involved in plagiarism;
-That the people portrayed in the photo have granted permission;
-That permission from persons portrayed in the photo who are below the age of 18 shall be taken from the parents’ or guardians of the minor;
– That the subjects portrayed are in public domain and are not covered by third parties copyrights;
-That the materials and accompanying texts have not been previously sold or assigned.
Incoming search terms:
- lee tag
- pinoy jeans photo
- play with jeans