After conquering 6 of the highest mountains in the world, Filipino mountain climber Romi Garduce officially set foot atop the highest mountain in the Antarctic Region, Mt. Vinson Massif last Jan. 5 at 6:45pm, Antarctica time (January 6, 5:45am, Philippine time)- officially completing his historic “Seven Summit” quest after long 10 years.
According to news, Romi’s team has successfully reached the summit of 16,067-foot alpine mountain lying in the Sentinel Range of the Ellsworth Mountains on a cold -26 degree Celsius weather.
Here’s the list of mountains conquered by Romi Garduce
- Mt.Kilimanjaro in Africa (September 2002);
- Mt. Aconcagua in Argentina (January 2005)
- Mt. Everest in Nepal (May 2006)
- Mt. Elbrus in Russia (August 2007)
- Mt. McKinley or Denali Peak in North America (June 2008)
- Mt. Kosciuszko in Australia (December 2008)
- Mt. Carstensz Pyramid in Indonesia (July 2011)
- Mt. Vinson Massif in Antarctica (January 2012)
Watch out Romi Garduce on Pito Para sa Pilipino: the Seven Summits Expedition airs on GMA and GMA News TV