LEE Jeans Shadow Play: Contest Mechanics
Posted On August 2, 2012
Lee Jeans invites everyone to send their entries for the Shadow Play online photography contest. All you have to do is to capture and share original photos showing shadow of the subject. You will have the chance to win $2000 and exciting prizes like 1500 Lee Gift certificates, La Sardina Lomography camera and a bike designed by Kiko Escora.
How to Join
1. As long as you’re 18 years old or above, you can photograph the shadows of the
city to win 2,000USD from Lee.
2. Upload your entries to www.leeshadowplay.com. Photos should be 800 x 600
pixels, 72 dpi and in JPEG format.
3. Caption every photo with 10 words or less. Tell us what it’s about.
4. You can only send in three entries so pick your best ones.
5. Photos don’t necessarily have to be self-portraits.
6. Photo manipulation is not allowed. Your entry will be invalid if it is digitally
altered(i.e. with the use of Adobe Photoshop or similar software).
7. Now spread the word and let your friends vote for it on the Lee microsite!
How to Win
1. Judges will choose weekly winning photos based on solely on criteria provided. If your photo doesn’t win that week, you still have a chance to get picked the following weeks.
• Judging for weekly winners is on Wednesdays at 3pm
Criteria of judging
Composition and unique subject matter —25%
Lighting/use of shadows —25%
2. Weekly winners will be announced via registered mail, LED display on EDSA and Lee microsite.
• Announcement of weekly winners in on Thursdays
3. Three weekly winners each get 1,500PHP worth of Lee gift certificates (valid for use from August 9, 2012 to August 9, 2013). One major weekly winner gets a Lee x Lomography La Sardina camera.
4. All weekly winners shall be eligible to join the final judging stage. Runners up get one fixie bike each designed by Kiko Escora. The grand prize winner gets 2,000 USD.
• Grand prize winner will be declared on September 1, 2012 in our event at B-Side.
5. Winning photos will remain the intellectual property of the photographer though Lee will be entitled to its exclusive use throughout the campaign.
How to Celebrate Your Win
1. Weekly winners may collect their goodies at the Bates office.
• 21F Picadilly Star Bldg., 4th Avenue corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
• Only on Fridays from 1PM to 5PM
• Within 60 days upon receiving your notification
• With two valid IDs and a printed copy of your winning photo
2. Watch your photo get projected on the Lee LED billboard on EDSA.
3. See your winning photograph as part of the Lee campaign.
The participant and the work:
1.Upon submitting photographs and its accompanying texts to Lee Shadowplay, the participant
-That the materials are the exclusive property of the participant and are not
involved in plagiarism;
-That the people portrayed in the photo have granted permission;
-That permission from persons portrayed in the photo who are below the age of
18 shall be taken from the parents’ or guardians of the minor;
-That the subjects portrayed are in public domain and are not covered by third
-That the materials and accompanying texts have not been previously sold,
assigned or entered in another contest.
2. Entries will be disqualified if:
-Participant did not comply with the above mechanics
-Participant is an employee of the Authentic American Apparel and its affiliates
3. Voting for entries:
-Visit the Lee microsite gallery
-Voters should register via Facebook to let them click “vote” on their photo of
-Voters are allowed to vote a maximum of two times per week.
4. Prize redemption:
-In Metro Manila area is at Bates office on 21F Picadilly Star Bldg., 4th Avenue
corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
-In provinces via shipping
-Within 60 days of receiving mail notification
o August 9 weekly winner announcement
o August 16 weekly winner announcement
o August 23 weekly winner announcement
o August 30 weekly winner announcement
o September 1 grand winner announcement
5. Prizes are not transferrable to cash.
By submitting materials to Lee Shadow play, the participant agrees to all the rules of the contest.
Incoming search terms:
- lee jeans sardina
- criteria for judging shadow play
- criteria for shadow play
- story telling contest mechanics